MIDWESTERN EPIGRAPHIC JOURNAL
Volume 9, Number 1, 1995
BURROWS CAVE RESEARCH BIBLIOGRAPHY
John J White, III, Ancient Science and Technology Center,
Midwestern Epigraphic Society, Columbus, Ohio
1. Miller, Sue Oiler, Archaeological find unearthed near here: Artifacts pre-date Christ, Daily Mail, Olney, IL, July 27, 1984, pp 1-2; Midwestern Epigraphic Newsletter 12(5), 4-5 (1995).
2. Burrows, Russell E, The Discovery of Burrows Cave, Seven Stars, Inc., Atlanta, IN, 1990, 20pp. This brief pamphlet was revised and included in Ref 3.
3. Burrows, Russell and Rydholm, Fred, The Mystery Cave of Many Faces, Superior Heartland, Marquette, MI 1991.
4. Scherz, James P, and Burrows, Russell E, Rock Art Pieces from Burrows' Cave - in Southern Illinois, published by the authors, 1992.
5. White, John, Burrows Cave Preview, Midwestern Epigraphic Society Reprint, prepared for Burrows Cave Book Presentation Meeting, Grove City, OH, June 21, 1992, pp4.
6. Mahan, Joseph B, North American Sun Kings: Keepers of the Flame, ISAC Press, Columbus, GA, 1992, pp 141, 151-3.
7. Covey, Cyclone, The Implausible Union of Ankh & Thunderbird: An Epository Statement, in Reverence 6 above, pp 2, 5, 7-9, 12, 14-18.
8. Moseley, Beverley H, Burrows Cave Art, Louisiana Mounds Society Nesletter, #56, March 1, 1993, pp 1-3.
9. White, John J III, and Moseley, Beverly H Jr, Burrows Cave: Fraud or Find of the Century?, The Ancient American, Vol 1, Sep/Oct, 4-15 (1993) .
10. Moseley, Beverley H Jr, Recognizing the Quality of Burrows Cave Art, Midwestern Epigraphic Journal, Vol 7, No. 1, 3-6 (1993)
11. Kachur, Victor, Dating and Origins of the B-Cave Complex, Midwestern Epigraphic Journal, Vol 7, no. 1, 23-26 (1993).
12. White, John J III, Cumulative Probability Applied to Ancient Historical Research Finds, Midwestern Epigraphic Journal, Vol 7, No. 1, 82-84.
13. White, John J III, Tyre-Circle Cross Connection Found at Burrows Cave, Midwestern Epigraphic Journal, Vol 7, No. 1, 91.
14. Covey, Cyclone, The Yuchi/Yuki Nonplus, ISAC Press, Columbus, GA, 1993.
15. May, Wayne N, An Ancient American Exclusive: Russell Burrows speaks out on the Mystery Cave, The Ancient American, Vol 1, No. 4, 1994.
16. Covey, Cyclone, The Egypto-Libyan Presence in Precolumbian America, ISAC Conference Paper, read at Determining the Truth, A Symposium, Columbus, GA, Apr 23, 1994. MEJ Vol 9 No. 1, 33-37.
17. White, John J III, Serpent-Circle Cross Connection Esplains Emblem of Tyrian Fleet, Burrows Cave Papyrus", June 1994, MEJ Vol 8, No. 1.
18. White, John J III, Tyre-Magen David Connection Identified at Burrows Cave, Burrows Cave Papyrus, 1994.
19. Schaffranke, (Kelly), Paul, and Hubbard, Brian (Harry), Lazeria, Melbourne, FL, Tomb Tape III, A Latin/Late Ptolemaic Interpretation for Selected Burrows Cave Artifacts, a video tape prepared for a BCC, Inc Meetining, Collinsville, IL, Sep 24-25, 1994; Determining the Truth, II, ISAC Conference, April 21-22, 1995.
20. White, John J III, and Moseley, Beverley H Jr, Was the Voyage of Hanno Story told at Burrows Cave Campfires? The Ancient American, Vol 2 Sep/Oct, 1994; MEJ Vol 8, No. 1, 1994.
21. Covey, Cyclone, A Calm Reflection of Burrows Cave, ISAC Conference Paper, read at New Approaches to Ancient American History, Oct. 1994.
22. White, John J III, Burrows Cave Research Bibliography, Midwestern Epigraphic Society, Vol 8, Vol 9, updated monthly.
23. Kreisle, Bill and Marilyn, In Search of Hard Evidence: The Ancient Stone Maps, MEJ Vol 8, AA Vol 2, #11.
24. McCulloch, J Huston, A Burrows Cave Inscription, MEJ, Vol 8, 1994.
25. Schaffranke, Paul, Traslation of Helios Tablet, The ISAC Report, 1995.
26. Mahan, Joseph B. and Hubbard, Harry, Biographical Sketch of Alexander Helios, the ISAC Report 1995.
27. Mahan, Joseph B, and Hubbard, Harry, Historical Context for Burrows Cave, ISAC Conference Paper, read at Determining the Truth, II, A Symposium, Columbus, GA April 1995.
28. Covey, Cyclone, The Newly Known & the Long Known that Remain Unknown, ISAC Conference paper, read at Determining the Truth, II, April 1995.
29. Scherz, James, Update on Burrows Cave (as of January, 1995), ISAC Conference Paper, read at Determining the Truth, II, April 1995.
30. Mooney, Vincent J, Burrows Cave Translation, ISAC Conference Paper, Determining the Truth, II, April 1995.
31. Burrows, Russell E, Ancient Pirate Treasure in Illinois?, The ancient American, Vol 2 #11, 1995.
32. White, John J III, The Story of Joseph Buford Mahan, Jr (1921-1995), MEJ Vol 9, 1995.
33. White, John J III, B-L Ogam Symbols in a Mediterranean Context: A Hint of Phoenician Usage of Proto-Ogam, in Celtic Connections, by Donald Cyr, 1996.
There are literally dozens of articles and feature books written that are not listed here. (e.g. John Whittal's Mythmakers, Stephen Williams, Plowmarks and stuff by Jackson Judge, Bill McGlone and George Carter.) For a continuation of this list, see the Articles section, Responses, and also our catalog.
Back to ESOP